The first Round-the-World Flight on the Solar Impulse used Icaro2000 Helmets!
Solar Impulse is the only aircraft of perpetual flight, able to fly day and night on solar power only; without using a drop of fuel. The famous pilots Bertrand Piccard and Andre Borschberg are wearing Icaro2000 helmets with the ICE headsets. They have chosen Icaro2000 helmets because they are light, strong, modern, reliable and have EN 966 certification.
In honor of this exploit we call this new helmet Solar X. The electronic ICE headsets have been developed expressly for this mission. Icaro2000 is proud to contribute to this incredible mission.
Follow this unique event on the official Solar Impulse website.
- Reduced width of the helmet
- Shell made of polycarbonate
- Polystyrene reinforced
- Visor (optional)
- Airflow inside the helmet
- Interchangeable internal padding
- Covering shell edge
- Plastic-coated stainless steel wire sidepieces and micrometric chin strap (registered model)
- Ear defenders or the electronic headsets
- Certification E.N. 966
- Weight grams 550
- Made 100% in Italy